Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Will animals be in heaven?

Question from Nick:
What happens to animals during the rapture and will they also be killed during the 7 bowls of judgment and the seals and etc.?

Answer from Pastor Bob:
Nick, I'm not sure, but the Bible talks about heaven being a wonderful place with all of the good things on earth there, only better, and Isaiah talks about how great heaven is and describes it as "the wolf lying down with the lamb" (Isaiah 11:6) and talks like animals could be there.
So I'm not sure, but I think if is likely that animals will be in heaven, but they will not hurt anybody.

2 comments:

  1. Nick and Bob. I hope you do not mind me commenting on this. My take on this is that animals will be with us in millenium reign with Christ but as for Heaven there are really no specific verses that state that animals are going to be in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Like you said, there are no specific statements about animals being in heaven, so it is only a guess, based on passages like Isaiah, which may only be intended to be figurative.

    ReplyDelete